I have lots of goals. Sure, I want to be a good mom and stuff like that, but here are some of my goals that are just for me (in no particular order)…
- I want to do something creative every day. Even if it’s only for 30 minutes. I used to do lots of artsy & craftsy stuff, but it kind of fell off my radar for a while. So I’m trying to make it part of my routine again.
- I want my own mini library in my house someday. This goal is on pause, though. I probably have about 500 books. A while back, my husband reminded me that we don’t live in our “forever” home yet, and that I’m in charge of moving all the books. So, that goal came to a screeching halt for the time being.
- I want to re-learn Spanish. And learn Italian and French. I’m not a romantic, but I want to learn the romance languages.
- I want an RV. I want to ride all over this country with my Mikey and my Izzy (and any other kiddos we end up having).
- I want another dog someday. But, I’m not ready yet.
- I want to learn how to make a bomb lobster bisque.
- I want to see every continent. OK, maybe I’ll skip Antarctica, but I want to see the rest.
- I want to buy a real camera and learn how to take professional looking picture. Preferably before I begin RVing and world touring.
- I want to re-learn how to sew and make (some of) my own clothes and, also, learn how to make quilts.
- I want to live somewhere someday where my bike is my main mode of transportation.
- I want to finish writing the novel I started a few years ago. Even if no one publishes it, I’ll publish one copy for myself. For my mini library.
- I have to read Lord of the Rings. I really shouldn’t read another thing until I read those books first. I’m basically embarrassed that I haven’t read them yet.
- I want the $400 Lego Death Star. Oh no! It’s been retired! I should have ponied up that 400 hundy a few years ago. Damn it. Oh well, I’m sure they’ll re-release it eventually… moneymoneymoneymoneymoney…
- I want to swim with a dolphin.
- I want to play in the World Series of Poker. Seven card, though; I hate Texas Hold ‘Em.
- I want to learn how to play the piano and/or guitar. Might as well make use of these long fingers (and the musician husband) that God gave me.
bridget&mary: What are your goals? Why not try writing them down, like Suzanne? It’s one thing to think about these things, but maybe writing them down will give you that push you’re looking for. Who knows what you’ll achieve in a year, five, or ten? 🤗
My name is Suzanne Jacobetz, aka The Cursing Gourmet, and I am Bridget’s older (not necessarily wiser) cousin. I’m Generation X all the way and do not enjoy it when I hear 80s/90s rock on classic rock stations. I live in the mountains in Colorado with Mike, my husband of 10 years, 15+ miles from a grocery store. It’s a very quiet, peaceful life, or at least it used to be: a year ago we had our first kiddo, a sweetie pie named Isabelle ❤️